1. In Anglo-Saxon times, November was known as Blotmonaþ (blood month or sacrifice month).
2. November is the only month used to represent a letter in the phonetic alphabet.
3. Although the word November dates back to Old English, the first known use of Novemberish, was by Robert Burns in 1793.
4. According to research published in 2008, serial killers are more likely to be born in November than any other month.
5. US Presidential elections are held every four years on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November.
6. According to the 17th-century astrologer Richard Saunders: “In this Moneth [November], Melancholy much increaseth.” He recommended eating eggs and honey and vomiting sometimes.
7. In the US state of Indiana, November is the most likely month for a car to collide with a deer.
8. “November’s sky is chill and drear, November’s leaf is red and sear [withered].” Sir Walter Scott.
9. In the USA, November is sweet potato awareness month.
10. In Finland, November is called “marraskuu” or “month of the dead”. It is the time of souls in Hell.